Error "All TAP-Win32 adapters on this system are currently in use"There are several possible causes of this error, so we recommend you to check them according to the following list:
- TAP-Win32 network adapter has been disabled. This adapter is being installed by OpenVPN installer and is necessary for OpenVPN correct work. So you need to enable the adapter at Start -> Control panel -> Network connections.
- TAP-Win32 hasn't been installed by OpenVPN installer (in case there is no such adapter in Network connections). You need to install the adapter by running OpenVPN installer again and check the checkbox at TAP Virtual Ethernet Adapter option.
- You are trying to run the second connection in OpenVPN GUI before you disconnected the first one. This is impossible without special adjustments and we do not recommend doing this even if you know what you are doing.
- TAP-Win32 network adapter "hanged" and you need to reset it by turning if off and then on again at Start -> Control panel -> Network connections.
- If after OpenVPN installation and all the steps above you don't see the TAP adapter in Network connections then you need to install TAP adapter manually. Run the following installation file with administrator rights. For Windows 10 download this TAP adapter installer (if you still don't see TAP adapter after this installation then try also this file version). For Windows 7/8/8.1 download this TAP adapter installer (if you still don't see TAP adapter after this installation then try also this file version). If you can't find TAP adapter after that please contact our support team and we'll try to solve your problem.